Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Contest Begins!

Several weeks ago, we had a contest/drawing at Black-eyed Susan for a bedroom makeover!We had such a good response that we awarded one grand prize winner and three runners-up.

The grand prize includes Susan's complimentary design fees, along with that of a project manager. The winner was instructed to set the budget, and that budget could by any amount. You would be amazed at what we can make happen with a little magic from creative thinking and manpower. Oh, did I mention that Sneelock was also included in the package as our master painter...

Our winner is a regular blog follower and BES friend, Suzanne!



We will be following the progress of the project and you can also expect the attention of one of the local papers to document the make-over!

Here is a photo of the bedroom as it stands currently:



After several brainstorming sessions together, I'm pretty sure we have nailed now the pallet and we'll be working on the overall plan. Keep watching for progress reports and photo documentation along the way! Oh so exciting!

9 comments:

michelle said...

I can't wait to see the transformation!

Denise said...

What a great marketing idea! I guess I was the grand prize winner in Denver last March. Good call throwing Sneelock into the bargain!

Suzanne said...

Hello. Suzanne here! :-) I am so excited to have checked my blogger dashboard this morning, that I am speechless allover again. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am very grateful. This is going to be so much fun! :-D :-D I really don't know what else to say, but see you on Monday? I know that the results will be fabulous and inspiration for others to seek out design/decorating help (as I so obviously need).
---------
Yes, Denise - you certainly were a grand prize winner, as that bathroom of yours is one beautiful makeover!

Charlotte said...

I would love such a contest!! What a lucky lucky winner! And yes, Mom did win on the bathroom makeover contest :)

Jill said...

What a great contest and such generous prizes for you to allow 3 runners up! These people are sooooo lucky!

Lee said...

I can't wait to see it. Lee

countryfrenchjudi said...

This is going to be soooo different when it is done. I love to watch major transformations!!! BTW what color did you use on your home in the hallways, I just love it. Judi

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

What fun! Congrats Suzanne...enjoy the process and I will watch as the transformation happens!
Janell

KD said...

I am excited for both of you! I can't wait for the results!