Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome Spring!


Each morning when I leave for work and every evening when I return from work, this is what I see. Snow, snow, and more snow. Ugh.


Piles and piles of snow



I'm trying to give you a good idea of the vast amount of snow that surrounds my mailbox!




But, when I get out of my car and walk through the door at Black-eyed Susan, this is what I see! The first promise of Spring. Glitter bunnies, pale pastels...ribbons and eggs. Check out this darling glass cloche with a bird atop!






Pale pink hyacinths. So pretty.


Worlds best pet- pale pink bunny prop. Butter, mint and taupe ribboned bunnie figures.



All things egg-related! Bulbs herald the upcoming season of blooms.


Soft pastel eggs in robin egg, mint and pearly taupe. Smooth and cool.



Nests!







Tiny lambs. No shearing for these glitter babies!






Beautiful french tulips. These fakes can fool any avid gardener!




Check out these cool glass display cubes that just came in. I filled them with assorted nests, straw, plates, platters, and eggs. Take one home and put your favorite seasonal collectible on display. Very cool.


Another view of the larger display cube. The ideas for these are limitless.



So, if you're tired of this...




and this...





and this...





and this...





Come take home a chocolate bunny.






Welcome Spring!

11 comments:

michelle said...

You guys got a ton of snow!! We haven't gotten anything close to that this year.

I can see why you would enjoy being surrounded by springy goodness.

Charlotte said...

So much snow! Like Michelle said, we've hardly gotten any this winter. And I love the springy BES. Love it.

Rettabug said...

It looks just like MY yard!! I ♥ the cloche & all your bunnies, especially those chocolate ones. :)

May I offer a wee bit of advice, though? I don't think its safe for you to have your first & last name as well as your home address visible on your blog. Some evil person would easily be able to find you & know when your home is empty, should you mention a vacation. Or just watch until you leave for work!
Please be safe & take out the photo with your address? If I have thought of it, believe me, there are other people out there who could find you, too.

most sincerely,
Rett

emily said...

I love your spring decor! I'm so glad that you can have springtime amidst the piles of snow. I can't believe how much you have!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, exellent article this helped me out a ton thanks!

Suzanne said...

I picked up that cloche and nest yesterday!! :D :D :D

Darnit, why didn't I pick up some of those larger eggs? I'll be back.

Can't wait to see your new location, but the only downside (for me) is that it means no more lunch-hour trips to your store for me. :(

Have a great week!
Best,
Suzanne

P.S. Glad you took rett's advice on removing the picture...I was thinking the same thing when I opened this post the other day.

Jill said...

Those icicles look lethal!

How marvelous that you've got spring going on in your store, that has definitely got to take the edge off being buried in all that snow!

linda said...

Cute post! I love all the bunnies and I am sure the store looks great. I am ready to put mine out as well! I so love those beautiful pastel eggs.

animal print gal said...

Don't we all?
I want that chocolate bunny-reminds me when I was a kid!
Great pics!

Nishant said...

! I'm so glad that you can have springtime amidst the piles of snow. I can't believe how much you have!
work at home in india

Denise said...

This motivates me to take down the last of my winter decos (yes, sadly, I still have snowmen on my family room mantle) and pull out the eggs and hyacinths!