Thursday, May 23, 2013

Magic happens...

Did I mention that I was so happy with the new floor change and rotation?! There are actually times when I hate to see the old come down...sometimes I'm just not tired of a certain story yet, even when it changes with slight rotations to fill in sold items. I'm just not ready to see it go.
But this floor change seemed to be the best of the best. The change was refreshing, open, new and really perfectly placed. Black-eyed Susan fans know that Thursdays is the day to come in for fresh inventory and fresh looks. That said, many times Thursdays is not the best day for my mood, seeing a long night of work quickly picked over and a new night of work required to once again bring the sales floor back to pure style.
I can only say that is is a darn good thing I took some great snapshots of the store around midnight when Ann and I finished...because first thing this morning, a frantic designer prepping for an installation tomorrow came in and in about an hour and a half disrupted most of the surfaces we had so painstakingly detailed just the night before. $7000 dollars of inventory can clear things out pretty fast!
So...It was what my sister calls " happy sad". The creative venues I had been so pleased with just the night before we're depleted and lack luster...the cash drawer all the better for it. Not more than 10 clients had been able to soak it all up and be inspired. *sigh*
I did my best after the crew left, but I'm here to tell you, it wasn't the same. I'll need to get to the purchase orders to see what we can release soon for shipping!
I'm going to share a few more photos of the store as we left it Wednesday night. Selling your cool stuff isn't always good...just sayin'.




Several weeks ago, while visiting my daughter in Charlotte, I harvested handfuls of interesting plant cuttings to press. Ann and I spent a good part of the evening clipping old book pages, maps, sheet music, birch mats, etc. and filled frames of all sizes and shapes. Some of them are so so cool. Mind you these are largely to give you, the customer, the vision and ideas to do the same with the frame of your choice from my back room!!
The above is a close up of the sweetest lime green fern. Is that not just the most darling thing ever?!




Here is the entire frame from a bit further back. Love. It.




With a good deal of effort, Sneelock and my son, Ryan, moved the Tall Order cabinets across the showroom floor. I booked them together instead of pulling them apart as they had been. What drama! I actually tried to sell one of them to one of my interior clients several months ago to use for her Jimmy Choo and Valentino shoe collection. Great idea, right?!




Yet another type of hinged frame- we put vintage garden plans in as our backdrop and overplayed pressed specimens from my collecting. I added some burlap to hang them from and used the round headed "designer nails" to add the perfect finishing touch. Sooooooo cute. I need some now.




Next, we filled these miniature Bakelite looking frames with the tiniest cuttings I had. Old music, dictionary pages and even yellowed pages from paperback books are good choices. Come get your frames ($7-10) and get busy! Better hurry before Connie buys them all!)




We finally got around to unfurling this cool printed paper runner. Oh. My! It is sold by the roll ($38). There is enough for multiple runs/uses. Just in time for graduation and holiday gatherings. Again, I saw Connie tucking her purchases under her arm soon after spotting the new display. Did I say, hurry?!!
I'll save some more inspirations for another night soon. And no, the store doesn't look as darling as it did just a day ago...but what can I say...it goes with the territory of having a stylish store full of lush inspiration.
There's always another Wednesday night right around the corner...

No comments: