Friday, October 12, 2012

High Point Market Report Day 1!


Wow! Where to start...we had a busy day today and spent hours in only three showrooms! 218 photos later, I'll give you my favorite picks of the day. High Point Market...pretty overwhelming!

Pattern and color still reign in today's design trends.


Watch for this to appear at Black-eyed Susan! Chartreuse fabric with nail head trim. *sigh*


Lots of orange and graphite...taupes and neutrals. Always punctuated with color! I like it.

I found this chest in the palest of grey-blue paint. It's all about choosing your own color at Vanguard Furniture. It is a very inspiring showroom with great style and fine taste. Love. It.


Lots of coral, a very significant color in a major design project of mine currently. Coral made a little appearance at the last market and has taken center stage this time! Art, fabrics, accessories. Coral speaks my language!


Coral and grey on a favorite sofa frame.


This coral wall was the backdrop for a great collection of framed whippets. So fun.


Closeup!



I took this photo through a window. Chartreuse and hot pink! Pretty bold but stunning.

Companion chair! Wow.

Pattern is still very important. Chevron chocolate and white with lime green banding! These were very comfy I might add!


 p
Banding...great unexpected pop.


I ordered a cool chair with this new synthetic fabric. The fabric name is Moo-la-la! Can't wait!


This room setting caught my attention with this collection of silhouettes. I love the juxtaposition of the old with the new. Good unexpected mix. Very Bucks County. (Note the horizontal use of stripes on the chairs!)


Finally, a cool recliner! (Even my son in law might like this!) I'm a fan as well...orange, stylish and reclining. What more could you ask?! I didn't order these, but I can get them for anyone in need.


It's hard to see, but there is a cool stainless modern frame on the recliner...the orange doesn't hurt either! Michael Weiss hit a home run. 

We were treated to two celebrity sightings-Tom Felicia and Michael Weiss. We had conversations with both and enjoyed the personal touch for two collections we sell and love.


At our last stop, Currey and Co. (lighting and furniture), we were delighted by an organic buffet using home grown vegetables from the owner's garden! Just look at the presentation...peppers, green beans, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, kale and brussel sprouts in a paper cone nestled in dry beans. Oh so good! And stylish to boot!

That is the day one report! We're gearing up tonight for another inspiring day of design. 

p.s. I entered a contest today at CR Laine Furniture for a custom made pair of shoes! (And yes, they will make me a size 4 1/2 should I win!)

1 comment:

michelle said...

I love all the color! And the silhouettes.