Sunday, October 12, 2008

Night after night......


Well, the main set up is completed! What a week! I think one night we stopped around 8:30pm, but all others (8 to be exact!) we worked until midnight. Linda is a great support and friend, as well as the voice of reason! She holds the position of CFO and is involved in every aspect of the buying with me multiple times of year. She has strong opinions, most of which are correct and visionary. She has a quick wit and great sense of humor. That being said, there aren't too many people one would want to have on a creative team than such a hard working and loyal friend. Stay tuned, as I took some self portraits with us together and will share those with you as I continue to document the weeks progress. I hardly know where to begin!


Row after row of inventory from the "bowels of the store" (as my Mother would say), or in other words, the basement! Such choices!


Yet another shelf of choices. Each night, there are countless trips to the basement to either fill our baskets or return unused selections. Down the stairs, up the stairs, down the stairs, up the stairs, well....you get the picture! Why do steps seem to get steeper and longer at 11:30 pm?


Peering into a packing box filled with adorable tabletop trees and miniature bottles of mistletoe. How cute!



Linda working on the confection tree! This is one of our personal favorites. We haven't had one for several years, so those of you who love this theme from previous years, you'll be delighted with the selection this year! I retrieved this favorite flocked tree from the dumpster last year when my manager decided it had seen the last set-up! I guess I get rather attracted to my trees.....we tenderly primped and shaped the tree for yet another year. (I did admit that this might be the last). I think I may have to devote an entire post to "primping"---trees and garlands, that is!



A closeup of a glass glitter Eiffel Tower! The persimmon and graphite tree is my personal favorite this year. You must see this one



Another shot of the persimmon and graphite tree. Note-we like to double up certain ornaments in clusters. It makes the assortment more interesting. Put an ornament hook on the first one and hook it to the loop of the second one. The larger hooks work best for the best spacing.

Well, that's about it for this account! But not to worry, there's more photos and enticements to come! We have our first event this Thursday evening, our "First Peek" event. A tour of the store with how-to's and tips to help you with your own design, first pick of inventory and a discount on Holiday purchases this night as well! No entrance fee is charged, but pre registration is required. Look for treats and good fun, and I'll share the recipe later as well! Call the store for registration.(215-321-4104)

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm glad you have such a good friend and design cohort to help you with all of this hard work!

michelle said...

Linda is certainly a good friend to put in those long work days with you!

Marc and I both loved what we saw of the persimmon/graphite tree!

Denise said...

Persimmon and graphite! Trust Black-eyed Susan to come up with hippest and trendiest in Christmas decor!