Friday, January 14, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly





My third try tonight rewarded me with Blogger cooperating allowing me to upload the remaining photos from yesterday's work! I'll start with this view of our closet showing a weeks worth of shoes to be worn between the two of us. I have mentioned before that Linda is my only dear friend that shares an untypically small shoe size with me! We often look into our collective choices to try to find a shoe for the day that will sustain our long and intense creative purchasing day after day. It takes great effort and stamina to scout out the best and most unique,and well priced items that we will offer for the next year. We work together well, and find joy in the journey. There are many entertaining opportunities throughout each day!


We found this beautiful and majestic glass urn, filled with snowy pine cones. :: on order.




We loved the fresh and unexpected combination of these over sized cone hydrangeas appointed with citrus green glass ornaments and winter icy branches. (While in this favorite showroom, Linda and I were invited to come to Dallas next October to work on the design team for their setup). We were honored,but exclaimed we would be setting up our own showroom at that time!



Our eyes lit up when we found this glorious wreath of sugared green apples. :: on order.



You all know my penchant for crows....this one did not make the cut. :: not on order.


On the other hand,this one with glitter appointments and a crown :: Definitely on order.


I'll end this post with the additional spooky witches that did not make the cut...oh, my!


I swear,one is worse than the next...



I'm having a hard time imagining what kind of store carries these...


Smug as she is, absolutely, she did not make the cut. :: NOT on order.

By the end of the day, we had our 2011 holiday stories planned. They will remain a secret until next October when the magic is unveiled once again. It will be worth the wait.

9:00 p.m. finds us back in our room, reviewing paperwork, blogging and having a favorite dinner...popcorn!



Tomorrow's another day. What treasures await us!

4 comments:

emily said...

I'm sure Nan would be an eager consumer of those gypsy witches. Oh, dee.

michelle said...

oh my, oh my.

I want a crow with a glitter crown! Love. But those witches hurt my eyes.

I was glad to see a few flats in the closet.

I always like seeing what new Christmas things you find. I'm toying with the idea of changing my tree next year!

Claire said...

What creepy witches! They make me want to shudder...
But I do love the snow pine cones and urns!

jt said...

1. So glad you did not order that first crow. I was a bit worried.
2. I have no words for those witches.
3. I can't believe that Linda will abide you having only popcorn for dinner. Surely you at least have m&ms added to the mix?