Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A full week of style!


Well, here we are at Market in Atlanta!


The January market is always interesting as well as full of long, long days being on our feet basically all day. And when I say all day, I mean from 8:30am to 8:30 or 9:00pm!


This market each January is spent designing and purchasing the 2009 Black-eyed Susan Christmas offerings. Yes, I said Christmas! Although the trees are not even totally down yet from this year (oops, last years!) stories, we are planning and finding the most interesting inventory at the market.


Each day we are here, I will post at the end of the day the most "interesting" thing that we find! When I say interesting, it could mean really frightening, really cool, really silly, perfectly fabulous, or, well, you get the picture! Tune in each day for a preview of what we are spending our days doing.....come along for the ride, I think you'll be entertained!


Let me know which ones you like. We'll be looking for your comments and encouragement. Merry Christmas, 2009! Somehow, we always get into the spirit one more time......



8 comments:

Denise said...

Can't wait to see what you find! Look for a rug for Sarah's room (I'm sure you need/want one more thing to look for). Have fun at the Cash and Carry--I dream of one day going with you *sigh*.

Jill said...

I don't know how you manage to stay on your feet all day, especially considering the fashionable footwear you're in. I would be a grouchy wreck after a day (or an hour) in heels!

I want to see all the cool stuff you find (or at least some of it).

michelle said...

I don't know how you can still be in the Christmas mood after just wrapping everything up... but I'll be anxious to see what you find at market!

Like Denise, I wish I could be there as well.

charlotte said...

Now that sounds like a magical place to be (despite the outrageously preemptive 2009 Christmas planning)! I look forward to the "most interesting" posts!

Lee said...

I want to go! That sounds amazing. Christmas ideas, your speaking my language. Don't call me crazy but I was already thinking that there are only 11 months until Thanksgiving.
ha ha Can't wait.
So what's going to be the new color Susan? Let us know, so we can get a jumpstart on it. Lee

shannon said...

Hello, busy girl...Can't wait to hear about your good finds....

Unknown said...

i had to pop over from michelle's blog, and then realized you were at Market.

i used to work the Market while employed by a wholesale gift importer. we had a showroom AND a temporary booth, which made for long, long days. i always loved the weeks we spent merchandising the showroom. i always hated unpacking our crates for the temp booth!!

i love the smell of Market! coffee and cinammon and candles. mmmmm.... hope you had fun!

emily said...

I'm with Mom on the Cash and Carry dream. It sounds like the stuff of fashionista fantasies.