Saturday, January 31, 2009

Welcome Home!

Well, the day ended with great satisfaction. Formerly empty rooms full of interesting furniture with color, pattern and texture. Textiles on the beds, accent pieces (at least a beginning) to delight the eye. (I'll keep you posted as we progress....)


At the end of the day, we closed the door and placed our housewarming wreath on the door. This has become somewhat of a tradition for our whole-house projects.




The front door really is this color! It is the original color of the previous homeowner......I may have to make some recommendations! The doorway welcomes all to come in. At Black-eyed Susan, we just began our semiannual floral sale----come in and we'll create a wreath as perfect for your front door!




I just love houses that have names! I've always wanted to name one of my houses, but I've either moved too soon or felt that the house wasn't worthy of anything as grand as a name! But someday I'll come up with the perfect scenario for naming my house. Check our the name plack of this house! Pretty appropriate for a house on a beautiful treed parcel on the pond.

Welcome home to Bird Haven. A happy, long life to you.


** Have you named your house?

8 comments:

Jill said...

Our house doesn't have an official name, but we lovingly refer to it as "The Retirement Rambler". That probably wouldn't look very quaint on a plaque though.

michelle said...

I was taken aback when I saw the color of that door! What a great tradition to place a housewarming wreath on the door -- nice touch.

No, we haven't named our house. It doesn't seem grand enough to warrant a name. I'd love to know what you name yours, though...

Bond Girl 007 said...

We haven't named mine--well our model was called knightsbridge, but it seems my parents houses always have a name...
cassis, bellacera, esmeralda, la sirena, el penthouse, rancho cielo...but just like a mission statement this would be cool....I've always liked a house called Puerta Dorada, from a novela...that I used to watch!--in those shows all houses and haciendas have names! I agree with you wholeheartedly! Beautiful Wreath!....I LOVE FLOWERS

Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee said...

Our house is named Pinerow But I haven't put it down or registered it. Can you just place a plaque and not get any papers saying that it is named? Not sure. Lee

Lee said...

Hey Susan didn't mean to make such a mess commenting. I pressed the wrong button twice and got three of the same. I deleted it and now it says deteted? AHHHHHHHHHH
Lee

Suzanne said...

We have unofficially named our first (and current) townhome the "Maus Haus". (No, we don't have mice. My husband's nickname for me is "Maus".) Does he speak German? Ja! (He's Austrian)

Now, we do NOT have a purple door. Nor do I WISH to have one. (The Association wouldn't allow it anyway. LOL!)

~suziemaus