Monday, March 19, 2012

That First Green Blush!


Spring. It makes my heart sing!

On my frequent drives through the picturesque back roads of Bucks County, that first blush of the green haze seen on the weeping willows just takes my breath away! One day, it is just a hint-a tease. The next day, wow! It's all about Spring.

Just one week ago, I was half an hour early for my first appointment (chalk it up to Daylight Savings!). As I drove slower than my usual break neck speed, this favorite sight made me happy.



At the end of the day, when I pulled into my driveway a sweet reminder of my darling mother had popped through the mulch. My staff had given me a tender basket of spring blooms at the time of my mother's death two years ago. Each spring, when they peek their stems up through the soil, I smile and recall that dear one I love so much.

I picked a handful and took them into the house where they found a home in one of my vintage juice glasses. Oh yes, Spring is the best time of the year.


This week it should be in full bloom everywhere. Ahhhhh.

Take it in. I'll be smiling.

No comments: