Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Oh My! My Windows...





Last week in the wee hours of the morning, I said goodbye to a favorite window display (oh yes, I took the ornaments and stars out right after Christmas.) January was calm and still with my white Hawthorne branches and historic stone.

It's always a challenge to design the next window display...sometimes I like the previous one enough to want to keep it a while! My new windows (oh dear again...two years now!) are not as easy to display as my Yardley ones were. Soooooo.....I gave some thought to just what would be an eye-catching window display and here's what I came up with:




There's a lot of interest in bright color right now. If any of you are Pinterest pinners, painted furniture in all hues is a subject often found. I have an entire board labeled Painted Furniture that you can look at. I took this vintage English claw-foot console and gave it about 4 coats of a bright teal paint-high gloss! The moment I set it in the window, I knew it was the right choice.



I had purchased this french chair at a tag sale some months ago with the intention of painting it some unexpected color, and while I have not had time to do that yet, it found a home in the window with the suggestion of an upholstery fabric that married the painted console table to the chair perfectly. Naturally, with the trend for these deep teal colors, I had multiple selections in my stock room waiting patiently to be put on display. Enter the pottery platter. *sigh*






I tacked the fabric around the front of the chair to resemble upholstery and turned the chair just so to be part of the set.



The month of March is our semi-annual Vanguard Upholstery Sale. I included some rolls of upholstery weight fabric, a showy bucket of spring viburnum, and the appropriate signage...



Voila!

Welcome my new spring window. As much as I wasn't ready to stash my beautiful exotic, foraged Hawthorne branches, I'm pleased now with this happy sight.

It's all about the color!

No comments: