Sunday, October 20, 2013

High Point Market Day 2 Style Report

Another early morning kept me from taking a cute SP of Linda and I...well, maybe a late night that left bags under our eyes too, and the fact that I really don't have taking self portraits down very well with my phone...give me back my camera!!

Today as we walked the floor of high style vendors, we took note of one particular trend-white. White is both neutral and dramatic in contrast. We saw fabulous chairs, tables, lamps, art and accessories all focusing on white. I, myself, recently reupholstered my favorite bedroom chair in a pearl white reptile fabric and my vanity stool in patent leather white crock. Love.




Take a look at this bedding ensemble from Legacy Linens, a favorite resource. The strong contrast of this white and graphite pattern is dramatic, crisp and clean.




I ordered this white crock bench for the store...can't wait! ( But I may have to take it home for myself...)





White vinyl leather look dining chairs with a chrome base - so beautiful. Modern trends interpret beautifully in white.




Note the white chair in the foreground and the background, both stylish and comfortable. The accent of wood framing is a favorite too.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

I love this white lacquer console . I'm proposing booking two together to fill a long window footprint in the living room of a stylish client! Add two great lamps and wow! Or, use it as a desk. Glamour for sure.





More white in the upholstered benches. I'm loving these.





This white ostrich leather chairs were a real hit with both Linda and I. Fabulous lumbar support...cool legs and a higher back. I could relax in this!
(Could I take it home tomorrow, please?) give me that little mid century modern, please!




One last thing for this post...the strong contrast of color and white...in this case, a great barstool. Note the coordinating contrast welt on the white fabric.

White. It's all over the Market. I like it. I want it. I'm buying it! watch for more white to be arriving at Black-eyed Susan!

Tomorrow, rugs rugs and more rugs...Many for clients, some for me (!), some for Linda, several for our cute friend, Jan, and some for the store! Rug shopping here is at it's best and is a very strong home decor category.

More reports after our finds tomorrow...stay tuned for day three. Whew.


No comments: